Jenny Wren Summer

Jenny Wren Summer
Jenny in early Summer 2011

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Deck Staining...its hip to be square

For those who know us well, understand that we cannot do anything the "regular" or "normal-mainstream" way.  So this applies to staining a deck.  I chose a Blueish teal color to follow the shutter theme around back.  This stain was so great to work with...and we decided to leave some areas natural to contrast against the blues.  Then...it hit me! The art teacher in me decided to tape out areas to leave natural around the stain!  Here are my results. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. what stain did you end up using? how is it holding up to weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can see what you’re talking about. ;) The color isn’t a popular choice and the squares are strangely placed, but even so, I love it! And I’m sure the risk pays off every time the guests praise you for your unique deck! -->Kylee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very creative! I love your deck! I think I’m going to do this the next time I stain our deck. :D Thanks for sharing. It’s an inspiration.

    ,Angelina

    ReplyDelete